Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chocolate Lava Pots


Time for my first dessert post! I knew I needed to make something a little more interesting than a yellow cake mix with chocolate frosting, so I found this recipe at redcouchrecipes.blogspot.com, which an awesome blog so you should check it out. She calls these delicious little treats Pot Au Chocolat but I'm just not that fancy. I've decided to call them Chocolate Lava Pots, but I'm wide open for suggestions! I changed just a couple things so I don't really think I can take any credit (though we all know I'd like to).

What is awesome about these individual sized cakes is that they are super gooey in the center. YUM!

Ingredients:

10 tablespoons salted butter (Yup. 10!)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 eggs
3 egg yolks (The yellow part... I looked it up to make sure because I'm a little ditzy sometimes.)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (You can make your own!)
1/2 cup flour

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray 6 ramekins (approx. 7 oz. each) with cooking spray. (I only had 2 so I used Pyrex. Two of the Pyrex were too big but they still baked well.) 

2. Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave for about a minute.










3. While the butter and chocolate chips are melting, whisk together eggs and separated egg yolks.


4. Stir butter/chocolate into eggs. Mix well.


5. Add powdered sugar. Mix well.

5. Add flour... MIX WELL!


6. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet. Fill each ramekin about halfway. 


7. Bake for 12 to 12 1/2 minutes. The outside should be done but the center should be soft. 


You can top these with ice cream and chocolate syrup, or as RedCouchRecipes suggests, you can use warmed raspberry jam, or use Cool Whip and a sprinkle of cocoa, like I did. I'm sure there are hundreds of other awesome things to put on top, but beware; these are delicious and VERY rich! I imagine the calorie count of these little suckers are like 2000. Enjoy! :)


Sherylyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a comment, question or suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!