Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning


So I think I was last to know that you can make your own taco seasoning. But here is my recipe. I know taco seasoning isn't THAT expensive, but I've always felt stupid for paying a dollar for a tiny packet of seasonings that I was sure I had at home in my cabinets. 

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

I usually double or sometimes triple the recipe so I don't have to mix up more every time I need it. It keeps just as long as all your seasonings would. Just make sure you store your taco seasoning in an airtight container. Two heaping tablespoons are about the equivalent to a packet, depending on taste.


Sherylyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a comment, question or suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!