It has been a busy week! My 5 year wedding anniversary was last Friday (February 10), so we, of course, were busy spending time together. Then Saturday, my cousin, Acacia, and some of our closest friends and family threw us a surprise party! It was one of the best nights of my entire life and I'm so thankful to all involved! I love you all so much!
Along with the surprise of the party, we were also surprised to find out that 2 of the main contributors of the party happened to be our best friends that live 2 hours away! So the rest of the weekend was devoted to spending time with them which means we didn't sleep much. And I don't do well with that. So my body has been mad at me and gave me a cold. Body jerk!
I'm not feeling 100% better so I decided to make one of the easiest recipes ever! My aunt taught me this one. The original recipe only contains 3 ingredients (not counting the topping).
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 can stewed tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
1 box Stove Top stuffing (I use generic because that's the kind of girl I am.)
1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 square pan with cooking spray. (You can use a loaf pan and increase the cooking time. The square pan is quicker.)
2. Mix beef, tomatoes, onions and stuffing in a bowl.
3. Spread the meat mixture in the pan.
4. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
5. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
6. Remove meatloaf from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Normally I cover the top with ketchup before baking, but when I went to look for it in the fridge I remembered that we were out! So I looked up a recipe for meatloaf gravy. I'll be honest with you guys, it wasn't very good. So first chance I get I'm going to smother my leftovers with ketchup. Because friends, that's the kind of girl I am.