Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chicken Dorito Casserole



Doritos for dinner? Sounds bad, huh? Well, it is. But oh so delicious! I found the original recipe at plainchicken.com. They have some awesome sounding recipes and I plan to try a lot more. I changed the original recipe a little.

Ingredients:

1 bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos, crushed (I used a whole bag but I think you could get by with half a bag. It was almost too much.)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can rotel
1 can corn, drained well
1 cup shredded mexican cheese, divided
garlic salt, pepper

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour crushed Doritos into the pan.


2. Heat olive oil in a skillet and grill cubed chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Cook until completely done.


3. Add soups, rotel, corn and 1/2 cup of cheese.


4. Pour the chicken mixture over Doritos.


5. Bake for 20 minutes.

6. Top with remaining cheese (extra if you want) and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.


I used Clancy's Nacho Cheese chips, which taste exactly like Doritos. The original recipe calls for a cup of sour cream, but I forgot it. I also cut the cheese amount down a little because I felt so guilty about having Doritos for dinner. And I also served it with broccoli to at least make it look some what healthy. But it was fabulous!



Sherylyn

3 comments:

Do you have a comment, question or suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!