Friday, February 24, 2012

Mexican Cornbread


This recipe was given to me by a girl I used to work with. It is quite fantastic! I used pepperjack cheese but I have used the Mexican Velveeta in the past, and I definitely think it was better. The pepperjack was good but the velveeta holds the whole thing together.

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning or 2 heaping tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
1 can (11 ounces) corn and peppers or mexican corn, divided
6 slices pepperjack cheese or mexican Velveeta (recommended)

1 package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk

1. Brown beef with onion. Drain.


2. Add taco seasoning and simmer on low.

3. Add about half of the corn.


4. Spread mixture in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Place 6 slices of pepperjack cheese on top.


5. Prepare corn muffins according to package directions or use the Cheesy Jalapeno Cornbread recipe. Add the rest of the corn to the corn muffin batter

6. Spread batter over meat and cheese.


7.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.


Sherylyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a comment, question or suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!